One way trips to Colorado

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: One way trips to Colorado
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:52:27 -0800 (PST)
I hope I dont get flamed by the more gung-ho Triumphers out there, but I
figured you never know until you ask:

I was wondering if any one had considered driving out to VTR 2001 in Colorado,
and then flying back home while their car is hauled back by ground transport?

This idea is appealing to me on many levels:

It leaves less up to chance as far as scheduling vacation time off from work.
Problems on the way out can be overcome and adjusted for without having to
extend the vacation.  A problem on the trip home is a little more difficult to
overcome and still stay on schedule.  (no!  .  . . these cars never break
down!)

Theres lots of anticipation (and thus enjoyment) about driving across the
country out to the convention, but after a week in ANY car (Triumph or not) I
think the trip home is bound to be less exciting.

If you consider hotel stays and meals and everything else, it might even be
more economical.

I havent really checked in to the cost of the transportation, but common sense
says that the more to share the cost, the less the cost and the easier to
schedule.

I would think that a truckload of cars going from one point directly to another
point (Say. . Denver  to D.C. for instance) would be a transporters ideal
situation.

Okay . . . Ive thrown that idea out there. . . Now Ill see if it can fly or
if it gets shot down.

Scott Tilton