Painting

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:33:04 -0500
Now that my move to Ohio is over and halfway settled I am preparing to
finish the painting of my car. I painted the tub last spring with both a
conventional gun and compressor and then with a HVLP system that ran off a
black box.  The HVLP system worked great and I liked it.  That was lent to
me so I don't know if it is usually used for this or not.  I am looking for
an HVLP gun now and am running across the gravity fed guns that look similar
to a conventional gun.  Is this the best route to go?  Is there anything
else I need to have for it?

Also, I have a lot of touching up to do.  The move was not gentle on the new
paint job.  Most of the damage is in seams and areas where it can be hidden.
What is the best way to repair these.  Touch up gun, or just an air brush.
The spaces tend to be a couple inches by a couple inches.  If it makes a
difference I used a basecoat/clearcoat system.

What are recommendations for equipment?

Thanks,

Patrick Bowen