RE: More TR 250 Questions

To: Brian Ruess <brian.ruess@merant.com>
Subject: RE: More TR 250 Questions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:18:08 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Brian Ruess
>Next question: Just how is the top supposed to fold?  I have owned mostly
roadsters and this convertible stuff confuses me.  If I zip out the rear
window, does it go down first or last?  Do I fold the side windows on top
or
underneath?  Do I fold the top with the bow (sticks) or on top of them?  I
cannot seem to get the top to stow very far down and it does not look right
at all.

<

Good question.  One wrong fold cand permanently damage your top.  Here's
what I do:

1) Unzip the rear window and fold inward.
2) Un latch the top at the windshield, raise slightly and unsnap the top at
the sides.
3) Unsnap the top from the rear top bow (hood stick in Proper Queen's
English) and lift the top away from the bows as you fold them rearward
until the top is neatly laid on the rear scuttle and trunk (boot) lid.
4) Now fold the top neatly over the top bows and fold the quarter windows
(lights) over the top taking care that the clear plastic is not creased.
Some tucking and tugging may be required as it may wnat to lay naturally in
a manner that would leave the clear plastic windows creased.
5) Now secure the lot with the boot cover or tonneau cover.
6) Enjoy the sunny day and the view.

I have tried several methods and this is what works best for me.

Dave Massey
71 TR6 (since 1985)