Where and how to buy

Subject: Where and how to buy
From: "Dale Neidhammer" <dneid@siliconmetrics.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:12:52 -0600
Posted-date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:14:40 -0600 (CST)
Good Afternoon, All,
After spending several weeks looking around, I have come up with a question
concerning the purchase of an older Triumph.  I wanted to try to take
advantage of the collective wisdom of this list.
>From what I can see there are basically three venues for purchasing and
older Triumph (or any "collectible" for that matter.)  These are:
   1. From a private owner - this is generally someone in
      the "local area."
   2. From a private owner - can be from Hemmings, eBay, or
      other similar venues
   3. From established dealers

My question is, which way to go.  I am looking for a car that is basically
"restored".  I am not looking for hi scoring concours car... just a car that
may need some minimal work to complete.  This is due to time constraints on
my part.  Between family and work, I do not have a great deal of free time.
However, I am looking for car that can be a daily driver (makes a later
model TR6 or Spitfire likely.)  It looks like the dealers get some clean
cars, but the price sure seems higher.  I am nervous about anything off of
eBay.  Hemmings I do not have enough info to make a fair assessment.  Local
area, at least I can go touch, feel, smell, drive the car.  Any feedback
would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dale Neidhammer                             Silicon Metrics Inc.
Senior Applications Engineer                      (512) 651-1474
dneid@siliconmetrics.com

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Dale Neidhammer.vcf]