Re: Where and how to buy

Subject: Re: Where and how to buy
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:44:06 -0600
If you have a club in your area I would strongly recommend joining it. I'm
an active member of the ISOA (Illinois Sports Owners Association) here in
the Chicago area.

 >At 05:45 PM 2/22/2001 -0500, Martin Secrest wrote:
 >I can't imagine any advantage to buying a car from a dealer

That depends on the dealer. The only data point I have is a place called
North Shore Sports Cars (Lake Bluff, IL) which is on my way to work. The
owner (Norbert Bries) is an enthusiast himself and races a Lotus Europa.
The cars in his showroom (I'm guessing about 20-25 cars) are all excellent
examples and mostly 60's-70's British. Sticker prices are high but not
insulting. Everything I've seen pass through the showroom (I stop in to
drool sometimes) has been rust, leak, bondo, and smoke free as far as I
could determine. You won't find a budget car there but for some people it
may be the best place to buy. Disclaimer: I'm just a satisfied customer
who's happy to have such a great resource around.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com