RE: TR3A Fan balancing

To: "Mike Smith" <Mike.Smith@bbdo.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Fan balancing
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:33:01 -0500
Mike,

I solved the problem with a 1/4 scale RC model airplane propeller balancer I
had.  Most good bike shops have an even better tool that will do the job.

The idea is to mount the fan and balance pieces on a spindle through the
center hub and then the ends of the spindle are set on a bridge like base that
supports the spindle with very low friction.  You can move the balance piece
around until none of the blades want to rotate to the bottom or even file off
some metal on a very heavy blade.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com