Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:38:57 -0700
I recall reading in one of the British vintage sports car magazines that
Standard had acquired the Vanguard engine design under license from
Citroen and that it was a Traction Avant motor. I took a look at the
motor in the Traction Avant that was in the around the World in 80 Days
Rally when it came through here and the motor was totally different than
any TR engine I've seen. Was the writer full of it or is it a different
Citroen that it was derived from.

Doug Hamilton