Re: What's your LBC's name?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's your LBC's name?
From: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:59:40 -0800 (PST)
Naming  my LBC...

'69 GT6+ Chassis
3.1L GM V6/T5
Mk IV Spitfire body

The car is less than 10% complete, kind of early for a
name, (they don't generally christen ships 'til
they're ready to sail), but this project car
(code-named FF2{Fred's Folly #2}) is destined to be
named "Q"

"Q?"  Yes, "Q!"  First off, the name "Q" pays homage
to Ian Fleming's memorable gadgetmeister of the James
Bond series.  Q outfitted Bond with all manner of
ordinary looking items which were emphatically not
everyday in function.  I imagine a stock-looking
Spitfire carrying over 200BHP might have pleased "Q"
greatly, (even without an ejection seat or
overrider-mounted machine guns).

Second, students of naval warfare will remember the
"Q-ships" of British Special Naval Operations during
World War I.  Basically small merchant, fishing or
sailing vessels with large concealed guns, they were
designed to lure German U-Boats into firing range,
whereupon their true nature was revealed.  Q-Ships
sank a confirmed 15 U-Boats during the conflict.

So, that's the reasoning for my odd name.  Two very
British ones at that.

Fred Marks
Brandon, FL
"Q"  69 GT6+ V6 Conv Project Car