Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?
From: William Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:51:48 +1300
>Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:47:16 +1300
>To: Triumphs
>From: William Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
>Subject: Re: Did TR give or get the "Tractor" motor ?

motor & if i remember this Fergy has the JAIL BAR Grille.Did Fergy dump the
Ford & had to find a new source of motors.Yes my early farming days where
spent on a fergy with the vanguard motor,had to watch you didnt hit a
object to hard with the front wheel,otherwise you almost had a broken
thumb.If you managed to stall the motor while in gear,well you guested
it,the gear lever mostly jammed & no start ee.Th e fergy motor has very
little in common to the Tr motor,the block,head,water pump are of no use to
the TR user,i do have fergy crankshaft bearings,timing chain,head
gasket{inlarge the stud holes},rocker cover gasket,& some parts out of the
water pump{moving parts] in my TR3B, & not in my case the pistons &
liners,not sure on oil pump & crankshaft. Cheers Ashley.