charging "Optima" batteries

To: "lmtr4a" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Subject: charging "Optima" batteries
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:53:57 -0500
Cc: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "lmtr4a"
>David:

I currently own three Optima batteries. Although I have yet to have a need
to, are you saying that I should never attempt to charge them with a
standard wet cell charger? If not, then where could I get the right charger
for them if needed? Strange that I have not seen this in the Optima owners
manual or literature.

<

I can not comment on the Optima.  It may be a special design that will
tolerate charging from standard charger.  After all it is sold as a direct
replacement for a wet cell.

BTW, I, too, have an Optima in my TR8.  But I have never tried to charge it
up off the car.  The need hasn't come up.

Cheers

Dave