RE: CA legislation (DMV stuff) \ Lost Titles...

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CA legislation (DMV stuff) \ Lost Titles...
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:45:08 -0800
Brad Eells wrote :

> When I moved to California ( The granola bar State...), The State Patrol
> inspector had never seen a "commission' number or a car that only
> had a pop
> riveted number plate on the scuttle...He searched and searched
> and searched
> for a number stamped on the frame or engine that matched...

I've been through this a couple of times, including just last year.
However, I just go to the DMV and have their inspector do it.  I open the
hood as soon as I pull to the head of the line, the inspector asks me where
the VIN tag is, I point to the commission number plate, no problem !

Randall
Lakewood, CA