Running Fuseless

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Running Fuseless
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:21:44 -0500
David,
I took a look under the hoods of a bunch of the vintage cars rallying
around the world in 80 days, and every one that I looked at had a
modern-style fuse block with the blade-type fuses in it. I take it
therefore that that is a reliable system, and am debating whether to go
this route myself. The "two fuses protected by a wiring harness" system, as
originally installed, doesn't appeal to me much, as I like the idea of
knowing where to start looking when a certain fuse blows.
All the above only applies of course if you are willing to sacrifice
originality.
Regards,
Jim
....So if I understand you correctly, given that I will have a "fresh"
system everything should work correctly and meltdown is something that
should not occur under normal cicumstances. With the addition of the inline
fuse under the dash for the rear lights, I will be adding that much more
safety? Or should I consider more? Of course there is putting in a fuse
block  somewhere would be the ideal.
David