RE: Cylinder head thickness vs. comp ratio

Subject: RE: Cylinder head thickness vs. comp ratio
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:22:24 -0500
> I have just worked up an Excel spreadsheet which calculates
> the amount to
> shave from a cylinder head given bore, stroke, old CR and new
> CR. Example

An erroneous assumption I made has been pointed out to me by a couple of
people. To all those who have requested a copy of my spreadsheet, I will
send it to you after I make the correction. Another measurement or estimate
will be required: the area of the opening into the combustion chamber at the
bottom of the head. One correspondent is going to measure this on his TR6
head for me.

Regards,
Hugh Fader