RE: '73 TR6 Running Problem

To: "INTERNET:rhelman@xmission.com" <rhelman@xmission.com>
Subject: RE: '73 TR6 Running Problem
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:11:09 -0500
Cc: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA51EA6D004367
Message text written by INTERNET:rhelman@xmission.com
>Dave,
        That is why I am asking. I had a small tear in my front carb
diaphragm. It
would idle, but would stall/bogg down under load. I had to drive about 4
miles home in fits and starts.
<

I tore a diaphram in the TR8 and it ran but it was down on power.  There
was none of the characteristic fuel delivery problem (like what I had on a
Mustang I once had) where it runs just fine for a short while and THEN bogs
down.

The float bowl in the carb is a small reservoir and will allow the engine
to ride out short term fuel delivery problem (or mask them out, depending
on how you look at it).  A fuel injected car will respond immediately to a
fuel delivery problem.  But that is a topic for another list.

Cheers

Dave