Re: GT6 (+Spitfire) 5-speed

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 (+Spitfire) 5-speed
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 20:37:33 -0500
 ?? I guess I have to agree with Joe here...
 I just went out and measured..two drive shafts
 One.. a '75 Spit 1500 single rail non-O/D
 and the second... a '73  3 rail non-O/D GT6 MKIII shaft
 the Spit shaft is exactly 1" shorter than the 38" GT6 shaft.

 No I do know that the 3 rail O/D tranny with a D type O/D
 is eactly 1" shorter than the 3 rail tranny with a J type O/D attached.

 The 1500 O/D single rail driveshafts is 37" long.  So based on the idea
 that the diffs are in the exact same location on both cars, and both
 used 3 rail trannies (at one time)....how could the shifter location be so
 different.

 Paul Tegler
 ptegler@cablespeed.com
 www.teglerizer.com