Was Early TR4 Trunk Handle now Long Bubble Bonnets

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Early TR4 Trunk Handle now Long Bubble Bonnets
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 19:34:31 -0500
  From: TR250Driver@aol.com
  To: triumphs@autox.team.net
  Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 5:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle

  Guys,
  For discussion CT 5521 LO has the High Tech slide and lock boot rod.  It
also
  has a long power bulge.  I have it on good authority that the longer power
  bulge was introduced by Triumph early on in TR4 production to clear up a
  stability problem at high speeds.  It seems that "Short Bubble" Fours had a
  tendency to lose front grip at speeds in excess of 120 MPH causing hair
  raising spin outs.  Triumph engineers fashioned the aerodynamic "Long
Bubble"
  to create sufficient down force to solve this problem.
  Cheers,
  Darrell
  62 TR4