tr6 latch

To: oliver <oliver@connect.net>
Subject: tr6 latch
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:47:58 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAAFq0AE018325
Message text written by oliver
>Up until a week or two ago, the boot latch worked fine; it caught the boot
lid; it was lockable, etc.

I noticed Thursday that the latch was no longer catching the boot lid.

Can anyone tell me what to adjust where?  Should I start with the boot lid,
or the body latch?  Sequence??
<

Oliver, check to see if the catch piece in the boot lid (which is a
threaded rod with a right-angle bend) has twisted out of alignment.  Since
this is only held in place with a jam nut a little looseness is all that is
necesary to allow it to come out of alignment.

Dave
71 TR6