Re: Was Early TR4 Trunk Handle now Long Bubble Bonnets

To: pethier@isd.net, 105671.471@compuserve.com, TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Re: Was Early TR4 Trunk Handle now Long Bubble Bonnets
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:22:40 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, jerryvv@alltel.net
In a message dated 11/11/2002 3:53:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pethier@isd.net writes:

> This is all news to me.  The reason I was given was that the short-bubble
> hood went out of style when the TR4 was converted to Zenith-Stromberg
> carbs.
> The story was that the Z-S carbs did not fit all-that-well under the short
> bubble.  This story may be pure fiction, but I have heard it several times
> from many directions.  These other stories, I am now hearing for the first
> time.

Granted I've never measured them (and I sure don't feel like doing so right
now; it's raining), but I always thought the Strombergs were shorter than
SUs?

OTOH, maybe I will head out to the barn...to measure my short- and
long-bubble hood bubbles. Oddly, I've no TR4 to go with either one. ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.