RE: TR4A IRS rear suspensions questions

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A IRS rear suspensions questions
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:25:14 -0800
Cc: <SDOliner@aol.com>
Unless you like replacing bushings go with poly. The rubber bushings simply
don't last. Poly will impart a slightly stiffer ride but unless you are
using the car for long trips where your kidneys might be shaken to death you
will not likely feel the difference.

Almost all the racer folk do not use a rear sway bar - they apparently
impart significant over/understeer ( I can't remember which). a front
swaybar is highly recommended. I have a factory TR6 bar on my TR4A - it
really flattens out the body roll. You will need the TR6 front frame
crossmember/radiator shield to install the factory bar. The racer guys use
huge front bars - the factory TR6 bar is 5/8" some racers are using 1" and 1
1/8" bars!

Brad
65 TR4A IRS