Re: TR4A IRS rear suspensions questions

To: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A IRS rear suspensions questions
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:05:18 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim and listers
,
I have heard from people who should know that the rubber used in present day
replacement bushes is of inferior quality to that used in OEM bushes 30+
years ago, also it has different qualities so the ride is is not the same as
the OEM ride.

FWIW my TR is blue polyurethane bushed front and back throughout. I put them
in with a touch of grease and they give a pleasant squeak free ride. The
oldest ones have been in for about 10,000 miles. The trailing arm ones can
be cut in half and fitted from either side, but will go in whole with the
use of
suitable threaded rod, nuts, various washers, and lots of soft soapy stuff.

David Brister.
1967 TR4A