Re: Spec thanks, best Wkshp Manual?

To: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>, <JohnZissler@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Spec thanks, best Wkshp Manual?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:46:04 -0000 gAKCpMq2000706
Cc: "Herald Triumph" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: Javier Vidaurre Ch. <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>

> QUESTION:
> Would you recommend the "Robert Bentley Workshop
> Manual" over the Factory Workshop Manual?  ...and the
> Haynes?

I'm unfamiliar with the Robert Bentley book - it's a name I regularly see on
the various Triumph mailing lists so I assume that this is not a British
publication or else it's just passed me by. As far as I am concerned, THE
definitive manual is the factory workshop manual, preferably in it's original
ring bound form - some reprints have the pages reduced to A5 with 2 pages per
sheet, much more difficult to read. The one you want covers the Herald 1200,
12/50, Vitesse (1600) & Spitfire (upto MkIII) according to the writing on the
Black vinyl binder - all editions I've encountered include ammendments to cover
the 13/60. The originals are easily obtained in the UK for under 20 pounds,
though maybe not so easy in South America!
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics