RE: Emission Control

To: "'Graham McMicken'" <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Emission Control
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 04:49:55 -0500
Hi Graham. I have a 1972 and started to do this because I thought it was
affecting idle stability. I decided not to because I didn't want to spray
oil mist from the crankcase all over. Here are the conclusions I came to:

1. The crankcase breathing and vapor recovery systems in no way affect
performance when they are installed properly.
2. It's not that hard to get them right.
3. You can't have only parts of them installed. They won't work right and
then may affect performance. You have to remove everything if you want to
remove anything.

I think you also have an air pump. I think this thing must affect
performance. I might be wrong, but couldn't it be removed, plumbing plugged,
and shorter fan belt installed?

- Hugh Fader