Re: Need Ebay knowledge

To: mhooper@pixelsystems.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need Ebay knowledge
From: Harlyred1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:15:56 EST
What does he sell the kit for on his web site? When you bid lower than the
reserve you are essentially stating this is the price I am willing to pay for
an item. You don't always (as a matter of fact rarely) know what the reserve
price is. For the life of me, I don't understand why people bid early on
these auctions. That merely drives up the price. While waiting till the last
few seconds can cost you the item to a faster dsl, my experience has been
that it is also your best shot at getting the item at a good price. But thats
just me.
My other addiction is a '52 International pick up. About a year ago there was
an oil filter on eBay. I needed one so I followed the bidding. It went to
$108.00!!!! The oil filter looks like a pair of folded sweat sox, and is not
easy to come by. Unless of course you go to NAPA and order one in which case
it will cost a whopping $8.50 :-).
Caveat Emptor!!