Re: Recommendations sought: Blast Cabinet

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recommendations sought: Blast Cabinet
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 00:12:23 -0000
Hi Corey
Most important help I can offer, budget for a dust extractor, something with
cleanable filters or bagless technology!

We have a small bead blasting cabinet at work for cleaning thermal coatings
(die coat) from dies for aluminium casting, runs at 80 psi off a compressor
which is capable of running a factory, it is near useless, it fills with
dust in about 5 seconds making any progress near impossible.
Fitted an industrial vacuum cleaner to the side of it, works a treat now.
Go for one with a deep collection area tapered from all sides (some are only
tapered from two sides so the medium is too spread out, this is a problem
with the one at work!) or the medium will not return to the pickup
efficiently.

Graham.