Re: Tub Weight / was frame weight

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tub Weight / was frame weight
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:45:59 -0500
> I just pulled the tub off my '63 TR4.  Didn't have a chance to weight it
(a
> bit awkward for the bathroom scales) but my son and I had no trouble at
all
> lifting it.  Weight couldn't have been more than 200# (completely
stripped,
> nothing left on the tub but rust and rumors of paint).   The main issue
was
> having a good grip on it, as the balance was a bit fiddly - one hand at
the
> rear of the rocker sill helps a lot.

I was at a TR4 lift.  We put the body, sans doors, onto the frame.

The body seemed lighter than the Europa body.

The FRAME seemed to weigh about six times as much as the Europa frame.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com