Re: Tub Weight / was frame weight

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tub Weight / was frame weight
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:18:11 -0400
At 12:53 10/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Since we are searching for weights here does anybody know the weight of a
>Triumph tub?  I have a TR4A project that has been stored outside and I am
>thinking about building some kind of framework so that I could remove the
>tub from the frame and hang them both from the ceiling of my pole barn in
>order to get them out of the weather while there is still something left
>of them. So, anybody know the tub weight as well as a frame without engine
>and trans?
>
>Thanks,
>Marty Sukey

Well hot damn!  I *finally* have an opportunity to contribute to the List :-)

I just pulled the tub off my '63 TR4.  Didn't have a chance to weight it (a
bit awkward for the bathroom scales) but my son and I had no trouble at all
lifting it.  Weight couldn't have been more than 200# (completely stripped,
nothing left on the tub but rust and rumors of paint).   The main issue was
having a good grip on it, as the balance was a bit fiddly - one hand at the
rear of the rocker sill helps a lot.

--
Jim
jhassall@blacksburg.net