Re: Tub Weight / was frame weight

To: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Tub Weight / was frame weight
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:19:07 -0400
Cc: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
True.  Lifting at the wheel arches is probalby best but, if you are
starting with the body along side the frame one is severly tempted to lift
from the ends so as to avoid stepping over the frame.  Lifting at the wheel
arches (which also requires 4 people min) would require the near side guys
to clamber over the frame and suspension and engine (etc) backwards
carrying a heavy object.  Not my idea of fun.

Better to start with the body directly ahead of or behind the frame (space
allowing).

Dave
Lift the tub from both sides and just walk strainght backward or forward, no
frame to step on at all, I've done a few, very easy really.  "FT"