Re: positive or negative offset?

To: SDOliner@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: positive or negative offset?
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
David - at the risk of being confrontive, how do you figure that?

Technically, the wheel's offset won't be affected by using a spacer -
offset is built into the wheel.  It'd be like asking how much taller
you'd be if you wore a hat (none).

But even if you consider the spacer + old wheel to be a "new wheel,"
the spacer will push the rim outward from the center of the car (and
from the wheel's mounting surface).  That's the NEGATIVE direction.

PerformanceWheel's little drawing is severely flawed, BTW (it suggests
a wheel can have both positive and negative offset).  A better one is
at http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm although only
positive offset is shown.

M D "Doc" Nugent

HREF="http://www.performancewheel.com/";>http://www.performancewheel.com/</A>