Re: Originality

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Originality
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:23:29 EDT
Jon;

Good point. Ownership of classic cars can be divded into many camps.
Collectors and geareads would seem to be the two extremes. I tend to take the
middle
road. I remember that at the height of the British sports car era I was always
looking for the mods that were available from the factory or imported by some
of the dealers from arcane suppliers in the UK. My GT6+, when new, had plenty
of after market modificatins that enhanced the performance and driving
enjoyment. When I replaced the stock exhaust system with a Stebro system I
did't
stach the original in hopes of turning it into a collector car.

My current GT6+ is being modified to enhance it's performance and still look
outwardly like an original.