Re: Leaky Brake Master

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaky Brake Master
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:41:48 -0700 (PDT)
Yeah, a common GT6/TR6 problem. I hate when that happens. Last
time I rebuilt, I discovered that the supplied square-section Oring
was just too damned small - I either used the old one, or both the
old and new, or gooped it up with blue RTV - I've done all
those in the past, and they all work more or less.

Mostly, when you're assembling, make sure the Oring stands
well proud of the casting before final assembly.

(I'm not going to get into the whole "doesn't swell/does too" argument,
because all I have is anecdotal evidence, no hard facts.)