RE: Bustin' loose

To: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Bustin' loose
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:04:44 -0400
Cc: "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs@autox. Net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ashford,
The point is to remove ALL the bolts from the bracket so you can twist
it on the Windshield stud extension. What typically happens is that the
bracket rusts and seizes to the w/s stud and
That's what keeps the windshield from coming off. Consider buying or
making new gaskets that fit between the brackets and the inner fender.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Thanks to all for their replies.  However, as usual, I have a question
or two.  Several of you have suggested taking a pair of pliers and
twisting the bracket itself.  I have removed the two offending bolts on
each side rather than just loosening them.

Here's the question:  It appears that there is a bolt that attaches the
bracket to the inside of the fender.  If I am correct, then wouldn't I
risk damaging the bracket by twisting it with a pair of pliers?

Thanks,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2