RE: Bustin' loose

To: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Bustin' loose
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:26:05 -0400
Cc: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "'Triumphs@autox. Net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h9ECUj5i012250
Message text written by "Jim Davis"
>The point is to remove ALL the bolts from the bracket so you can twist
it on the Windshield stud extension. What typically happens is that the
bracket rusts and seizes to the w/s stud and
That's what keeps the windshield from coming off. Consider buying or
making new gaskets that fit between the brackets and the inner fender.
<

In the three or so occasions that I have removed windshields I have never
found rust.  What I have found is evidence of assembly while the paint was
still soft.  I think this is a case where rust would have been preferable.

Cheers

Dave