Re: How stuff works --> Differentials

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How stuff works --> Differentials
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:54:48 -0500
Hi Randall,

I did not mean to say that both wheels were not drive wheels.

I should have added that if neither wheel is slipping, there is torque
at both wheels.

But you're saying that the following is a misunderstanding on my part.
It is not correct. I thought sure I experienced this with cars stuck in
the snow... maybe my imagination.

Seems to me that in most cars there is a drive wheel and a non-drive
wheel. If the drive wheel slips, you have no torque at either wheel, but
if the non-drive wheel slips, you still have torque at the drive wheel.

Don