RE: How stuff works --> Differentials

To: spitlist@cox.net
Subject: RE: How stuff works --> Differentials
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:29:42 -0800 FILETIME=[19505A50:01C39E29]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Joe,

Just how do you know this?
Really, I'm quite interested on how you get all that power to the ground
with a GT6 diff. I spent many joyfull hours underneath my friend's GT6 SCCA
car replacing differentials, (usually in the rain). We seemed to go through
diff's at the rate of about 3 or 4 per season. Maybe auto-x is easier on
equipment, but the stock design just doesn't seem up to 200+ HP. This is a
topic that's near and dear to my heart as I prepare to tear down my Herald
for another heart transplant.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

>Actually, if you have a quaife and one axle breaks, the car will not go
>at all.  Ask me how I know this!!!  :)
>
>Joe

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com