Re: How stuff works --> Differentials

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: How stuff works --> Differentials
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:15:04 -0700
Cc: TR6 list <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
You have a drive shaft turning the pinion, and the power transfers to
the half shafts.  It does not matter which one drives, since if one side
turns freely that uses all of the motion of the drive shaft, with
nothing left over for the side which is still on the ground.  This type
diff depends on both rear wheels being in contact with the road at all
times to provide resistance.  Take care, Bill