Re: Not for purists

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not for purists
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:22:49 -0000 hB2NPSGx016555
From: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>

> Hi Randall
> Sounds like a good solution for an irritating problem. There is only one
> thing niggling at me (and it aint originality ) isn't the fuel gauge fed at
> a regulated voltage something below battery voltage (nominal 12V), meaning
> there would still be some small potential difference across the warning
> lamp?

Hi Graham,
    I'm fairly certain that the fuel and temperature gauges are fed at 10V, but
I don't have a regulator at hand to be certain. Years back I replaced the
flasher unit on our Dolomite with a solid state type. A replacement of the
original type had given the symptoms Randall describes, but the solid state
type dropped straight in and worked first time. Sorry I can't remember the
specifics, but it was nothing exotic and avoided any wiring changes, however
minor,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--