Re: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas

To: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:41:14 -0700
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>

> Does anyone on the list really mind that Ted offered this Christmas gift
suggestion? Does this really offend people?

nope, in fact this is what i responded with but had forgotten to remove the
trailer so it didn't post..

> Ted this is not the place to advertise your business

     i disagree! while you may be correct in quoting the "rules" for list
participation, i am fine getting emails announcing specials, discounts,
or product availability/parts from ANY of our listers.
    ted has consistently added value to this list with his input and advice.
if you're the moderator of this list, or representing him, i acknowledge
your right to limit whatever types of emails you wish. but as a long-time
lister/reader who has benefitted greatly from ALL types of postings, i
ask you to re-visit your position on this subject.
    how else would we have found out about some terrific roller rockers,
valve covers, tr mailing list logo'd hats and decals, etc.? i don't know if
my position is a popular one but i'm tired of someone else deciding what
i can or can't read on this very popular forum.
     i hope my 2 cents doesn't get me banned.
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6
Denver, CO