RE: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:46:21 -0800
> Does anyone on the list really mind that Ted offered this
> Christmas gift suggestion? Does this really offend people?

Personally, I have no objections at all to Ted's post (even though I already
have two copies of Kas' new book <g>).

However, I do feel there has to be a limit on commercial posts ... after
all, Ted's entire catalog "may be of specific interest to our members", yet
I wouldn't want to see it posted here, one item at a time !!
(Not that I'm suggesting Ted would ever do such a thing, it's just an
example.)

> Maybe this sort of thing is "prohibited", but I
> don't recall acknowledging any such conditions when I signed on
> to the lists,

Aw, now, let's not even go there ...

> but perhaps it's "tribal" knowledge that's passed
> on without a known origin.

The origin is fairly well known (I hope), check out
http://www.team.net/tn-mail.html
and
http://www.team.net/www/corp-use.html
which states in bold letters :
"Beyond casual comments within ongoing discussions or occasional mention
[of] external services, if a company wants to do business on the net, they
should not use these lists, but find other means to do so."

IMO, Ted's post falls under the second category, "occasional mention [of]
external services" and thus fits the guidelines, barely.

Randall