Re: Metal cutting advice needed - non LBC

To: <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Metal cutting advice needed - non LBC
From: "dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 03:01:38 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Not to put a damper on things but I once wreaked a brand new set of Snap-On
tinsnips on 18 guage stainless steel. They were good for nothing after.

Snap-Ons' lifetime guarantee did not cover what they term 'fair wear and
tear'. They were damned expensive too.

A plasma cutter is the answer for a neat job. This piece of kit uses an arc
and compressed air and is truely like a hot knife cutting through butter. I
would think that you would have to approach a heating and ventilating shop
that has one and have them do the cutting for you. I do not think that
purchasing or maybe hiring a plasma cutter is a viable option.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O