Re: TR3A front wheel bearings

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A front wheel bearings
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:29:51 -0500
Randall had it right again.  I for one was not surprised.  My problem was
that the grease seal did not seat in all the way when fitted per the TR3
Workshop Manual.  It was obvious when I took everything apart.  Jeff T
suggested I use the TR6 method of installing the inner bearing and the
grease seal into the hub and then putting the whole assembly on the stub
axle.  That worked fine.  I surmise that the issue is that the grease seals
do not necessarily seat well when the hub is slipped onto them.  If you
follow the TR3 manual method, you cannot see that.

Happy New Year to all!
Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]