RE: TR3A bleeding procedures

To: "INTERNET:JMcmahon@ictgroup.com" <JMcmahon@ICTGROUP.COM>
Subject: RE: TR3A bleeding procedures
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:11:22 -0500
Cc: reveye@speakeasy.net, 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net i14JDu8A015496
Message text written by INTERNET:JMcmahon@ictgroup.com
>The brake line goes sequentially from the right front to the left front to
the left rear and then finally to the right rear...check it out, it is
furthest from the master cylinder.
<

To be more accurate, the brake circuit on a TR3 is a single line from the
master cylinder to a distribution block mounted on the frame on the right
side of the engine.  This is where you find the pressure actuated brake
light switch.  This makes sense when you consider that the car was designed
in England where the driver sits on the right side of the car.

>From there it branches out three ways, one line to the right caliper, one
line to the left caliper and the third line to the rear axle.  On the rear
axle there is another TEE where the lines branch once more, to the right
and left wheel cylinders.

Only on the TR7 and TR8 will you find brake cylinders piped in series and
there only on the rear axle.

BTW, I have found that the bleeding sequence is of little concequence if
you are willing to make a few revolutions around the car (ie bleed each one
more than once.)

Dave Massey