Re: TR3A: Starting the Engine?

To: <lstein6@earthlink.net>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A: Starting the Engine?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:08:13 -0800

> i think it is a great idea to start the engine before finish.  if
something
> goes wrong, you don't have to undo some work.  when i rebuilt the old gt6
> started the engine on the engine stand before putting it back in the car.
all
> you need is the battery, long battery cables (good jumpers work), a small
+12v
> wire (fused, switched) to the coil and of course a fuel line to the fuel
pump.
> you can see a video of all that on my web site if you want.  it's kinda
> funny/entertaining really.  seeing the radiator bolted to a wood frame.
> possibly the funniest is seeing me sweating bullets that the thing was
gonna
> smoke.  larry

What about the exhaust? When I was a teenager (excuse for being stupid) I
was helping a friend who couldn't wait to start his Ford engine while
rebuilding it. He fired it up before putting the exhaust manifolds on.
Found out what fire up really meant. Got in a lot of trouble with the
neighbors too.

Bob