Re: TR3A: Starting the Engine?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A: Starting the Engine?
From: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:57:18 -0500

When I was a teenager one of my wiser friends started up his engine IN
THE BASEMENT! No exhaust only headers!

> i think it is a great idea to start the engine before finish.  if
something
> goes wrong, you don't have to undo some work.  when i rebuilt the old
gt6
> started the engine on the engine stand before putting it back in the
car.
all
> you need is the battery, long battery cables (good jumpers work), a
small
+12v
> wire (fused, switched) to the coil and of course a fuel line to the
fuel
pump.
> you can see a video of all that on my web site if you want.  it's
kinda
> funny/entertaining really.  seeing the radiator bolted to a wood
frame.
> possibly the funniest is seeing me sweating bullets that the thing
was
gonna
> smoke.  larry

What about the exhaust? When I was a teenager (excuse for being stupid)
was helping a friend who couldn't wait to start his Ford engine while
rebuilding it. He fired it up before putting the exhaust manifolds on.
Found out what fire up really meant. Got in a lot of trouble with the
neighbors too.

Bob

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged
or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail in error or from
someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing or copying the e-mail.
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS
MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank you for your cooperation.