RE: TR3A: Starting the Engine?

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A: Starting the Engine?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:43:30 -0800
> > i think it is a great idea to start the engine before finish.  if
> something
> > goes wrong, you don't have to undo some work.
>
> What about the exhaust?

Given the TR3's configuration, good sense would seem to demand an exhaust
manifold (don't really want those pretty blue flames playing around the
float bowls and rubber gaskets, now do we ?).

The remainder of the exhaust is maybe a little more debatable ... but don't
forget the exhaust gases will still be nearly flame temperature, even if
they aren't actually still burning.

What I wanted to point out is that without the remainder of the exhaust, the
lack of restriction will affect the mixture, which means the engine will not
run especially well.  So you can still expect to see some flame.

Randall