RE: TR3A: Starting the Engine?

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A: Starting the Engine?
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:21:08 -0700
i think it is a great idea to start the engine before finish.  if something
goes wrong, you don't have to undo some work.  when i rebuilt the old gt6 i
started the engine on the engine stand before putting it back in the car.  all
you need is the battery, long battery cables (good jumpers work), a small +12v
wire (fused, switched) to the coil and of course a fuel line to the fuel pump.
you can see a video of all that on my web site if you want.  it's kinda
funny/entertaining really.  seeing the radiator bolted to a wood frame.
possibly the funniest is seeing me sweating bullets that the thing was gonna
smoke.  larry