RE: Commission number reference for DOL

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Commission number reference for DOL
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:55:45 -0800 (PST)
--- "Keith A. Bay" <kabay@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> . . .for 1973
> & US yields only cars with commission numbers starting KF20... so
> what makes
> you think yours is a 1973?

I remember my "GT8" was a '73 and had a KF1#### number (and Rotoflex),
but the black '73 I'm using parts from for the Spit6 had a KF2####
number (and swing spring).

>From that, I'd presumed that early '73's with Rotoflex continued the
KF1#### run, but they started mid-'73 at KF2#### for the swing spring
GT's.  Only two data points, I realize . . . and the "GT8" was far from
stock specs so it really shouldn't be used to prove anything.

The "GT8" could have been a late '72 dealer rebadge, I suppose.

My convention, by the way, is to use a # sign for each numerical digit,
so KF11### has five numerical digits like KF99999.

MDN

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html