RE: ford bashing

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ford bashing
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:44:26 -0800
> BUT, a GOOD mechanic, can work his weekly pay up to as much as
> 100 hours a
> week, while actually spending 38-40 in the shop if he does read
> those manuals,

And there's another big problem with dealer mechanics, IMO.  If a lawyer
billed this way, he could be disbarred.  But it's SOP for a dealer mechanic!
The flat rate manual sounds like a good idea, but in practice it encourages
fast, shoddy work.  Not to mention mechanics that are in too big a hurry to
check for relevant TSBs when a job comes in.

I've heard of places where a mechanic can be reprimanded and even fired for
failing to consistently "beat the book".  Obviously, I don't take my cars
there !

Randall
"I'm not a fast mechanic, I'm not a slow mechanic.  I'm a half-fast
mechanic."