Re: Ignition Wires

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Wires
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:33:41 -0000
Hi Jeffrey
A friend of mine has a Dolomite Sprint which uses a right angle cap like you
describe, and he bought a set of leads that were 8mm dia. he carefully
stripped away the outer insulation which brought the leads down small enough
to fit the cap. The leads construction appeared to be 7mm with an additional
layer round them  bringing them to 8mm so it was easy to remove this outer
layer far enough to fit the holes in the cap.
I on the other hand carefully hand drilled the holes in the cap for my
Sprint to 8.1 mm to take the same leads!
So there you have 2 options open to you, if you are unsure of your patience
to twist a drill with your fingers for long enough to open out the holes
then cut off the insulation!

Graham.