RE: TR3 Upper Steering Column Bushing

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Upper Steering Column Bushing
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:53:29 -0800
Perhaps I'm missing the point here ... I rebuilt my steering column with
standard bushings quite a few years ago now, and the felt (lubricated with
some MoS2 powder) seems entirely adequate to me. It goes in there tight,
under low forces I think it's actually got less play than a nylon bushing
would have to have (if you install nylon that tight, you couldn't turn the
wheel).

Have you folks actually tried a new felt bushing ?

Of course, I should admit that I just noticed today that my steering wheel
is working loose on the shaft.  So perhaps I just haven't noticed any
shortcomings of the felt bushing.

Randall