RE: Safe to regrind factory cam?

Subject: RE: Safe to regrind factory cam?
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:40:44 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> Sorry for venting, but I never liked being called a liar.

If having your mistakes pointed out is calling you a liar, and you don't
like it, then get your facts straight before you post them !

Steve Grunwald does not sell only new cams, as you said he did.
And he does not sell TR6 cams for $300 as you said he did.

You're wrong about camshaft materials & machining too, my original TR3
camshaft has lasted almost 50 years (would have made it too if the car
wasn't wrecked).  They knew how to make good camshafts even in the 50's,
it's just that most manufacturers try to skip some steps.

Original TR6 cams may well not have lasted as long, but that's because they
were cheap, not because it wasn't possible to make a good cam with the
materials and methods available at the time.

Randall